How are DUI and DWP related in Idaho?
A DUI will result in a driver's license suspension. If one is caught driving while suspended a new misdemeanor charge of DWP will be filed. This new charge may impact the previous DUI by causing a probation violation or making it more difficult to get the State to agree to a plea bargain in the first case.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Drunk Driving Articles
- Drunk Driving Defense Laws in Idaho
- Idaho DUI Laws: FAQ
- What is a 'Per Se' Law?
- Will a DUI in Idaho increase my insurance rates?
- What terms are used for a drunk driving offenses in Idaho?
- When can I be charged with DUI in Idaho?
- Is drinking and driving a crime in Idaho?
- What is the legal drinking limit for drivers in Idaho?
- Where can I find a Idaho DUI Lawyer?
- What are the penalties for a person under age 21 convicted of DUI in Idaho?
- What happens if I refuse to take a Chemical Sobriety Test in Idaho?
- What happens if I injure a person while drunk driving in Idaho?
- What are the penalties for an Aggravated DUI in Idaho?
- Am I required to have an Ignition Interlock installed in my vehicle after multiple DUI convictions in Idaho?