What constitutes driving under the influence (DUI) in California?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Drunk Driving Articles
- Drunk Driving Defense Laws in California
- California DUI Laws: FAQ
- What if I am pulled over for drunk driving in California and refuse to take chemical or field sobriety tests?
- What are the penalties for a DUI conviction if another person is injured or killed during the incident?
- Will I have to attend counseling or rehabilitation if I am convicted of DUI in California?
- How quickly will I lose my driver's license if I am arrested for DUI in California?
- Does the DMV hearing determine criminal penalties for my DUI charges?
- How long will I lose my driver's license if I am convicted of DUI, and I already have at least three DUI convictions in California?
- What can happen under California law if I refuse to take a chemical or field sobriety test when I am suspected of DUI?
- Are there different penalties for minors who are convicted of DUI in California?
- Can law enforcement take my vehicle if I am arrested for or convicted of DUI in California?
- What is the penalty if I am caught driving while my license is suspended for DUI in California?
- How do I get my driver's license reinstated after a DUI conviction in California?
- What terms are used for drunk driving offenses in California?
- Is drinking and driving a crime in California?
- Where can I find a California Drunk Driving Attorney?