What are the complications associated with vaginal mesh?
The most common complication with vaginal mesh is erosion of the mesh through the vagina; the erosion can be debilitating for some women, and several surgeries may be necessary to correct the erosion. In addition to erosion, mesh shrinkage has been reported. Both erosion and shrinkage may lead to severe pelvic pain, pain with intercourse, or the inability to have intercourse. Moreover, some men may experience pain during intercourse when the penis is exposed to vaginal mesh that has eroded.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Vaginal Mesh Articles
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- What is vaginal mesh?
- What is vaginal mesh used for?
- What is pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is there an alternative to using vaginal mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is vaginal mesh permanent?
- What is stress urinary incontinence?
- Is vaginal mesh safe?
- Is vaginal mesh more effective to treat urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse?
- Are complications with vaginal mesh common?
- Are the complications with vaginal mesh associated with a particular company?