What are the complications associated with vaginal mesh?
The most common complication with vaginal mesh is erosion of the mesh through the vagina; the erosion can be debilitating for some women, and several surgeries may be necessary to correct the erosion. In addition to erosion, mesh shrinkage has been reported. Both erosion and shrinkage may lead to severe pelvic pain, pain with intercourse, or the inability to have intercourse. Moreover, some men may experience pain during intercourse when the penis is exposed to vaginal mesh that has eroded.
Speak to an Experienced Vaginal Mesh Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified vaginal mesh lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local vaginal mesh attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Vaginal Mesh Articles
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- What is vaginal mesh?
- What is vaginal mesh used for?
- What is pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is there an alternative to using vaginal mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is vaginal mesh permanent?
- What is stress urinary incontinence?
- Is vaginal mesh safe?
- Is vaginal mesh more effective to treat urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse?
- Are complications with vaginal mesh common?
- Are the complications with vaginal mesh associated with a particular company?