Is vaginal mesh safe?
The FDA released a safety update on July 13, 2011, informing healthcare providers and patients that complications associated with transvaginal repair using surgical mesh are not rare. Additionally, the FDA reported that it is not clear if vaginal mesh is more effective than traditional non-mesh repair, and vaginal mesh may expose patients to a greater risk.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Vaginal Mesh Articles
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- What is vaginal mesh?
- What is vaginal mesh used for?
- What is pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is there an alternative to using vaginal mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is vaginal mesh permanent?
- What is stress urinary incontinence?
- What are the complications associated with vaginal mesh?
- Is vaginal mesh more effective to treat urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse?
- Are complications with vaginal mesh common?
- Are the complications with vaginal mesh associated with a particular company?