Are complications with vaginal mesh common?
Yes, the FDA reported the number of adverse events associated with vaginal mesh between 2005 – 2007 was over 1,000, and the number of complications between 2008 – 2010 was 2,874. The FDA further reported that it is concerned that the number of adverse events is high.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Vaginal Mesh Articles
- Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- What is vaginal mesh?
- What is vaginal mesh used for?
- What is pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is there an alternative to using vaginal mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse?
- Is vaginal mesh permanent?
- What is stress urinary incontinence?
- Is vaginal mesh safe?
- What are the complications associated with vaginal mesh?
- Is vaginal mesh more effective to treat urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse?
- Are the complications with vaginal mesh associated with a particular company?