What could happen if I don't remove my DePuy hip replacement system?
The ASR is made up of metal and the metal components may wear over time causing metal particles to come lose. These metal particles can cause fluid to collect in the joint and in the muscles around the joint. This can cause pain and swelling around the joint and could damage muscles, bones and nerves around the hip.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional DePuy Hip Replacement Articles
- What is a DePuy hip replacement?
- Why are there problems with the DePuy Hip Replacement System?
- What is the DePuy ASR Hip?
- How many people are affected by the DePuy hip replacement recall?
- Can I still get a DePuy hip replacement?
- What are DePuy hip replacement lawsuits worth?
- Did DePuy know about the problems with the hip replacement systems?