What Is The Increased Risk Of Oral Clefts In Pregnant Women Who Took Topamax?
The relative risk of oral clefts in topiramate-exposed pregnancies in the NAAED Pregnancy Registry was 21.3 as compared to the risk in a background population of untreated women (95% Confidence Interval:7.9 – 57.1). The UK Epilepsy and Pregnancy Register reported a similarly increased prevalence of oral clefts (3.2 %) among infants exposed to topiramate monotherapy, a 16-fold increase in risk compared to the risk in their background population (0.2%).
Speak to an Experienced Topamax Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified topamax lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local topamax attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Topamax Articles
- What Is Topamax?
- What are the Topamax side effects?
- What is a Cleft Palate?
- What Are Some Topamax Secondary Effects?
- Have doctors prescribed Topamax for weight loss?
- Why did the Government file a Topamax lawsuit?
- Is Topamax Still Available?
- What Is The Generic Drug For Accutane?
- What Kinds Of Topamax Dosing Are there?
- Why Can Topamax Victims Sue Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Or Johnson & Johnson?
- Why Was There An FDA Warning Of Topamax?
- Has there been a Topamax recall?