Has there been a Topamax recall?
Yes. On April 14, 2011, 57,000 bottle of Topamax were recalled. However, the recalls were because of reported foul odors coming from the medication bottles. It is believed that this is a similar problem to the Tylenol recall. The recall only affects bottles that were shipped out between October 19, 2010 and December 28, 2010 throughout the U.S. Currently, there has not been a recall of Topamax related to the increased chance of birth defects. However, the FDA has increased the warning class of Topamax from Pregnancy Class C to Class D. A Pregnancy Category D occurs when there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Topamax Articles
- What Is Topamax?
- What are the Topamax side effects?
- What is a Cleft Palate?
- What Are Some Topamax Secondary Effects?
- Have doctors prescribed Topamax for weight loss?
- Why did the Government file a Topamax lawsuit?
- Is Topamax Still Available?
- What Is The Generic Drug For Accutane?
- What Kinds Of Topamax Dosing Are there?
- Why Can Topamax Victims Sue Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Or Johnson & Johnson?
- Why Was There An FDA Warning Of Topamax?
- What Is The Increased Risk Of Oral Clefts In Pregnant Women Who Took Topamax?