What is pharmaceutical product liability?
Product liability is a legal term used to describe a special duty the law imposes on all manufacturers, including pharmaceutical companies. A person injured by some hidden defect in a product while using the product for its intended purpose in a reasonable manner does not have to prove the manufacturer was negligent in order to receive financial compensation. In fact, even with proof that the manufacturer was not negligent and could not possibly have foreseen the product defect that caused the injury, this will not defeat the claim. This rule (sometimes called "strict liability" or "absolute liability") has more to do with social policy than with purely legal matters. The idea behind it is to avoid placing the risk of catastrophic loss on an individual consumer. The manufacturer can purchase insurance to cover such claims, increasing the price of the manufactured product to cover the cost of insurance. In this way, the risk of catastrophic loss is divided among all purchasers of the product.
Speak to an Experienced Tequin Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified tequin lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local tequin attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Tequin Articles
- What side effects are commonly encountered with Tequin®?
- What is hyperglycemia?
- What is hypoglycemia?
- What are the symptoms of hyperglycemia?
- Who should avoid Tequin®?
- Are there any general precautions that should be followed with Tequin®?
- What danger does hyperglycemia involve?
- I understand why I need to see a doctor immediately, but why do I need a lawyer right away?
- What kind of lawyer should I hire?
- What financial compensation can I recover in a pharmaceutical product liability claim?
- Has Tequin® been recalled?
- What is Assumption of Risk?
- Why do I have to hire a lawyer?
- How long will it take to settle my Tequin® claim?
- How much should I expect to spend on legal fees in my Tequin® case?