What side effects are commonly encountered with Tequin®?
Reported Tequin® side effects are generally mild and can include:
- Vaginal itching, swelling or discomfort
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Change in the way things taste
- Painful urination
- Irregular heartbeats
- Sores or white patches in the mouth
- Sore tongue
- Muscle or joint pain
- Leg cramps
- Ringing in the ears
- Dry skin
- Sore throat
There have also been reports of serious Tequin® side effects, some of which have occurred after taking just one dose. These include:
- Allergic reactions - as evidenced by breathing difficulty, apparent closing of the throat, hives, or abnormal swelling of the lips, tongue or face.
- Sudden onset of seizures, dizziness, confusion, tremors, hallucinations, depression or suicidal thoughts.
- Pain, inflammation, or the rupture of a tendon.
Tequin® has also been associated with liver damage.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Related Topics In This Section
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Maritime Law
- Personal Injury Defense
- Auto Accident
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
Additional Tequin Articles
- What is hypoglycemia?
- What is hyperglycemia?
- What are the symptoms of hyperglycemia?
- What danger does hyperglycemia involve?
- Who should avoid Tequin®?
- Are there any general precautions that should be followed with Tequin®?
- Has Tequin® been recalled?
- I understand why I need to see a doctor immediately, but why do I need a lawyer right away?
- Why do I have to hire a lawyer?
- What kind of lawyer should I hire?
- What financial compensation can I recover in a pharmaceutical product liability claim?
- What is Assumption of Risk?
- What is pharmaceutical product liability?
- How long will it take to settle my Tequin® claim?
- How much should I expect to spend on legal fees in my Tequin® case?