Who was prescribed Meridia?
Between 1997 and 2010, doctors in the U.S. prescribed Meridia to treat obesity, and for the maintenance of healthy weight. It was a popular diet drug that countless individuals took for potentially long periods of time. Unfortunately, a study linking Meridia with potentially fatal heart complications was not released until 2010, after countless individuals had already been exposed to the possible serious risks.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Meridia Articles
- Did Meridia have other names?
- What Is Meridia?
- What should I do if I'm still taking Meridia?
- Why didn't I know about the risks of taking Meridia earlier?
- Did my doctor lie to me about the risks of taking Meridia?
- What company manufactured and marketed Meridia?
- How do I know if I have developed a cardiovascular health problem after taking Meridia?
- Is there a definite link between cardiovascular health problems and taking Meridia?
- What types of health problems can Meridia cause?