What company manufactured and marketed Meridia?
Meridia was manufactured and marketed by Abbott Laboratories when it was pulled from the market in 2010. The drug was initially approved for use in 1997. If you took a prescription drug to treat obesity or for weight maintenance during this period, it may have been Meridia. Meridia also went by the names Sibutramine, Reductil, and Sibutrex.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Meridia Articles
- Did Meridia have other names?
- What Is Meridia?
- Who was prescribed Meridia?
- What should I do if I'm still taking Meridia?
- Why didn't I know about the risks of taking Meridia earlier?
- Did my doctor lie to me about the risks of taking Meridia?
- How do I know if I have developed a cardiovascular health problem after taking Meridia?
- Is there a definite link between cardiovascular health problems and taking Meridia?
- What types of health problems can Meridia cause?