What actions were taken by the FDA after Ketek was linked to severe liver complications?
The FDA approved a labeling supplement submitted by Aventis Pharmaceuticals as a "Changes Being Effected" (CBE) supplement, which highlights the 'Warnings' section of the labeling to raise attention to the risk of liver toxicity associated with Ketek.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Ketek Articles
- What is Ketek?
- Are there side effects associated with Ketek use?
- Has the FDA issued any warnings about Ketek?
- Has the FDA issued a Ketek Recall?
- What is pharmaceutical product liability?
- If I have been taking a drug that was not prescribed by a physician, do I still have a legal recourse for injuries suffered from these drugs?
- Does my doctor need to inform me of all options when it comes to prescription drugs and medical devices?
- Can I file a lawsuit if I have been injured as the result of taking Ketek?