Has the FDA issued any safety alerts regarding Avandia?
Yes. The FDA has issued safety alerts about the use, and side effects of using, Avandia. In addition, the FDA has conducted long investigations into its safety.
FDA ALERT #1: 5/21/2007, updated 11/19/2007: The FDA added a new warning about the risk of myocardial ischemia to the boxed warning for Avandia, for treatment of Type 2 Diabetes.
FDA ALERT #2: 8/14/2007: The FDA issued important revisions to the full prescribing information (labeling) highlighting increased risks of congestive heart failure associated with rosiglitazone.
Speak to an Experienced Avandia Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified avandia lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local avandia attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Avandia Articles
- What is Avandia?
- Is Avandia dangerous?
- Can Avandia cause heart failure?
- Who should NOT take Avandia?
- Has the FDA conducted studies to determine the safety of taking Avandia?
- Have our congressional representatives proposed any new laws or regulations regarding the safety of Avendia?
- Do patients who've suffered harm from a dangerous drug have a right to bring a lawsuit or a class action lawsuit?