Why did the FDA require Actos to update their label?
Actos contains pioglitazone, which may be harmful for patients with bladder cancer. Therefore, on August 4, 2011 the FDA informed the public thorough a Safety Communication (http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm266555.htm), that it approved an update to the drugs warning label. The purpose of the update was to inform the public that using Actos for more than one year may increase the risk of bladder cancer.
The following are the updated changes to the label:
- Doctors should not use pioglitazone in patients with active bladder cancer.
- Doctors should use pioglitazone with caution in patients with a prior history of bladder cancer.
Patients should contact their healthcare professional if they experience any sign of blood or a red color in the urine or other symptoms such as new or worsening urinary urgency or pain on urination since starting pioglitazone, as these may be due to bladder cancer.
Speak to an Experienced Actos Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified actos lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local actos attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Actos Articles
- Usage of the Diabetes Drug, Actos, Sparks Lawsuits Across the Country
- Drug Actos Under Fire for Allegedly Increasing Risk of Bladder Cancer
- What Is Actos?
- Why Are There Problems With Actos?
- Are there other drugs like Actos?
- What Is Type 2 Diabetes?
- Why was there an FDA recall of Actos?
- Are People Who Take Actos At A Higher Risk Of Broken Bones Or Fractures?
- Is It True That Someone Who Took Actos Has A Higher Rate Of Heart Attack Or Heart Failure?
- Has there been an FDA review of Actos?
- Has There Been An Actos Recall?
- Is Actos associated with serious side effects?
- Is it true that bladder cancer has been associated with using Actos?
- What are the results of FDA’s safety review of Actos?
- Should I settle my Actos lawsuit?
- How can you get an Actos settlement?
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit against Takeda Pharmaceuticals?