Why can people sue Roche Pharmaceuticals?
Under a theory of product liability, Roche Pharmaceuticals has a duty to warn consumers of known dangers or harmful side-effects that may result after taking a drug. In this case, it is alleged that Roche knew of the potential risk of developing an inflammatory bowel disease after taking Accutane, but failed to warn of these dangers. Drug consumers are owed this duty in order for them to make informed decisions regarding whether to take a prescribed medication.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Accutane Articles
- What is Accutane?
- Is Accutane still marketed?
- Are Accutane generic drugs still available?
- Who markets Accutane?
- Do I have a case if I developed a side-effect from Accutane that was disclosed?
- How do I know if Accutane made me sick?
- What if I developed an inflammatory bowel syndrome years after taking Accutane?
- Is inflammatory bowel syndrome the only danger from taking Accutane?