What are Grounds for Divorce in Washington?
In Washington State a Court may order a divorce if the marriage is irretrievably broken. (RCW 26.09.030)
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Divorce Articles
- Washington Divorce Laws - What You Need to Know!
- What are the Residency and Filing Requirements for Divorce in Washington?
- What are the Laws in Washington about How Marital Property Will be Distributed After Divorce?
- What Document and Supporting Information are Required to be Submitted with a Divorce Petition in Washington?
- When is Spousal Support or Alimony Awarded in Washington?