What Documents and Supporting Information are Required to be Submitted with a Divorce Petition in Virginia?
In Virginia the required forms are determined on a county by county basis. In most counties, a divorce complaint must be accompanied by a divorce cover sheet, a VS-4 State Statistical Form, and the required fees. Forms may be acquired from the civil intake division of the circuit court.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Divorce Articles
- Virginia Divorce Laws - What You Need to Know!
- What are the Residency and Filing Requirements for Divorce in Virginia?
- What are the Laws in Virginia about How Marital Property Will be Distributed After Divorce?
- What are Grounds for Divorce in Virginia?
- When is Spousal Support or Alimony Awarded in Virginia?