What Documents and Supporting Information are Required to be Submitted with a Divorce Petition in Vermont?

In Vermont, the following documents are required if you are filing for divorce: a cover sheet (form 800), a summons, complaint for divorce, notice of appearance and affidavit of child custody (form 836), an affidavit of income and assets (form 813), page 1 of a child support order (form 802) and a Health Department Vermont Record of Divorce or Annulment.  For parties without minor children, the information regarding child custody and support does not need to be filed.  

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Divorce Articles

Search LawInfo's Divorce Resources