What are the Laws in Utah about How Marital Property Will be Distributed After Divorce?
A Utah court should divide marital property equitably. (Utah Code Title 30 Husband and Wife Chapter 3 Divorce Section 5)
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Divorce Articles
- Utah Divorce Laws - What You Need to Know!
- What are the Residency and Filing Requirements for Divorce in Utah?
- What are Grounds for Divorce in Utah?
- What Documents and Supporting Information are Required to be Submitted with a Divorce Petition in Utah?
- When is Spousal Support or Alimony Awarded in Utah?