What Documents and Supporting Information are Required to be Submitted with a Divorce Petition in Texas?
A Texas divorce petition must contain the statutorily required caption, set forth the statutory grounds for divorce, and state whether a protective order is in place or is being sought. (Texas Family Code Title 1 Subtitle C Chapter 6 Subchapter E)
Speak to an Experienced Divorce Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified divorce lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local divorce attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Divorce Articles
- Texas Divorce Laws - What You Need to Know!
- What Are the Laws in Texas About How Marital Property Will be Distributed After Divorce?
- What are Grounds for Divorce in Texas?
- When is Spousal Support or Alimony Awarded in Texas?
- What are the Residency and Filing Requirements for Divorce in Texas?