What Documents and Supporting Information are Required to be Submitted with a Divorce Petition in Texas?
A Texas divorce petition must contain the statutorily required caption, set forth the statutory grounds for divorce, and state whether a protective order is in place or is being sought. (Texas Family Code Title 1 Subtitle C Chapter 6 Subchapter E)
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Divorce Articles
- Texas Divorce Laws - What You Need to Know!
- What Are the Laws in Texas About How Marital Property Will be Distributed After Divorce?
- What are Grounds for Divorce in Texas?
- When is Spousal Support or Alimony Awarded in Texas?
- What are the Residency and Filing Requirements for Divorce in Texas?