What Can I Do If My Spouse Does Not Make The Spousal Support Payments?

You can take your spouse back to court.  Once there, the judge has many tools available for your use.  For example, you could have the judge issue a wage assignment which results in an automatic deduction from your spouse’s paycheck.  You may also be able to “attach” or “levy” upon your spouse’s bank accounts, stocks or other property including a house.  You can also usually ask the court to order your spouse to pay your attorney fees if you had to hire a lawyer to help you.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Spousal Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Spousal Support Resources