How do I get a medical marijuana card in the state of Washington?

In the state of Washington, there is no official medical marijuana card. All you need in order to use medical marijuana is to be a qualifying medical marijuana patient and have a written recommendation from your doctor or other healthcare provider who is licensed in the state of Washington. Beginning on June 10, 2010, the written recommendation from your healthcare provider must be on tamper-proof paper, contain an original signature, be dated, and advise that in the healthcare provider’s professional opinion, you would benefit from the medical use of marijuana.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Medical Marijuana Articles

Search LawInfo's Medical Marijuana Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More