Do used cars come with a warranty?
In general, yes. State laws hold dealers responsible if cars they sell don`t meet reasonable quality standards. These obligations are called implied warrantiesunspoken, unwritten promises from the seller to the buyer. However, dealers in most states can use the words as is or with all faults in a written notice to buyers to eliminate implied warranties. There is no specified time period for implied warranties.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Product Warranty Articles
- I Am a Small Business Owner. What Do I Need to Know About Warranties?
- What is an express warranty?
- What is an Implied Warranty of Merchantability?
- What Is The Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose?
- Disclaimer or Limitation of Implied Warranties
- What should I do if the product I bought has a warranty and it does not work?
- Disclaimer or modification of implied warranties
- What is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act?
- What should I be aware of concerning warranties?
- Deceptive Warranty Terms
- How does The Magnuson Moss Act effect warranty disputes?