What legal remedies are available for successful class actions?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Class Action Lawsuit Articles
- Holding Corporations Accountable: LawInfo's Top 10 Class Action Lawsuits
- Common Types of Class Action Lawsuits
- The Phases of a Class Action Lawsuit
- How Class Action Lawsuits Can Change the Law
- The Class Action Fairness Act of 2005
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Class Action Lawsuits
- The Doctrines Underlying Class Action Lawsuits
- What Is A Class Action?
- How Are Individuals Benefited By Class Actions?
- What types of lawsuits end up as class actions?
- What Types Of Claims Are Brought In Securities Class Actions?
- Who Brings Class Actions?
- Do I Have To Own Stock In The Company To Benefit From A Class Action?
- How many people are needed to bring a class action?
- How is a class member informed of his or her rights?
- How do I join a class action?
- What are my obligations as a member of a class action?
- If I have a claim, should I file my own lawsuit?
- When am I entitled to bring my claim in federal or state court?
- Do class actions produce substantial recoveries?
- Can I be bound by a settlement or judgment of a class action?
- How are attorney`s fees paid in a class action?
- I may have been defrauded. How long can I wait to file suit?
- Are unfair deals with insiders or related companies considered fraud?