Can I vote in the state of Nevada if I am in the military or living overseas?

You can register to vote and request an absent ballot under the same procedures that any eligible Nevada resident can use. However, if you are in the military or living overseas, you can complete the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA), which is available at any military installation through the Voting Assistance Officer, any U.S. embassy or consulate, or online through the Federal Voting Assistance Program website, which is located at Keep in mind, however, that there are strict deadlines by which you must submit your request for an absent ballot and/or your absent ballot to the appropriate local county election official.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources