When do I need to update my voter registration in the state of Montana?

You must update your voter registration information whenever you move or change your name. In order to update your voter registration, you must contact your county election administrator’s office to fill out an updated voter registration card. However, if you move to another Montana county, you must fill out a voter registration card in your new county.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources