When do I need to update my voter registration in the state of Iowa?

In the state of Iowa, you must update your voter registration if you move or change your name, which you can do by completing a new voter registration card with your updated information, and mailing or delivering it to your county auditor’s office.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources