How can I make a discrimination complaint under the Voting Rights Act?

You can contact the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Justice Department.  There are no special forms to use or procedures to follow--just call them toll-free at (800) 253-3931, or write to them at: 

Chief, Voting Section
Civil Rights Division
Room 7254 - NWB
Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC   20530

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources