When do I need to update my voter registration in the state of Alaska?

You must update your voter registration in the state of Alaska whenever you move or change your name. You can do so by completing a new voter registration application, which you can submit to various agencies, including the Division of Elections, any voter registrar in your community, a city or borough clerk, or a voter registration agency, such as the Department of Motor Vehicles, Health and Social Services, Community and Economic Development, and military recruitment offices. You can also update your voter registration form by using the Absentee By Mail Ballot Application to simultaneously request a mail-in absentee ballot.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Right to Vote Articles

Search LawInfo's Right to Vote Resources