Getting Support From Parents Living In Another State

If a parent who owes child support lives in another state, the BCSE will work with the other state to establish and enforce a support order. Once an out­of­state employer is located, the BCSE will contact the employer to have the support payments automatically withheld from the employee`s pay. The employer will then send the support payment to the BCSE. Once received, the BCSE will forward the support payments to the obligee in West Virginia.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources