Do You Have An Attorney I Can Talk To About A Question I Have Related To Child Support?

No. DCSE attorneys act on the behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia. They do not represent the custodial or non­custodial parent or provide individuals with legal advice. Nor can any DCSE representative provide legal advice to customers. If you have questions regarding child support, please contact the appropriate DCSE office. Representatives will be able to answer or research your concerns and provide you with an answer. Should DCSE determine a child support case requires legal action, your case may be prepared for a court hearing and referred to the judicial system. In a case that DCSE refers to court, our attorneys will represent DCSE. If you want legal advice, you should consult a private attorney.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources