I Was Divorced In Ohio But Then Moved To Tennessee. My Ex-Spouse Moved To Florida And Another Order Was Established. Can I Enforce It?
The UIFSA law requires the determining of one Controlling Order. See the Determining a Controlling Order part of the Interstate section for a description of the rules for choosing this order. Once that order is determined, it is the only order that can be enforced or modified.
Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Child Support Articles
- Who Can Get Help From A Child Support Enforcement Agency (Csea)?
- If The Non-Residential Parent Is Sending Me Money Directly, Does That Count As Child Support?
- What Do I Do If I Have Completed The Paternity Affidavit But I Now Think I Am Not The Dad?
- What Are The Child Support Guidelines?
- Are The Earnings Of Both Parents Considered In Setting Support?
- Are There Any Adjustments Allowed For Second Families In The Guidelines?
- Do The Guidelines Allow An Adjustment For The Parent Who Is Paying For Child Care?
- What Does It Mean To Be In Default Of A Child Support Order And What Can Happen To Me If I Go Into Default?
- What Do I Do When Children Have Emancipated And There Is Still Money Owed?
- Can The Csea Collect For Support If The Non-Residential Parent Is In The Military?
- I Now Live In Ohio But My Case Started In Michigan. Do I Have To Open A New Case In Ohio?
- I Live In Ohio, But My Ex-Spouse Lives In Nebraska. Can My California Support Order Be Modified?
- My Ex-Spouse Lives In Oregon And Is Self-Employed. What Can I Do To Obtain Support?
- My Ex-Spouse Paid Support Regularly Until Last Month And Then He Moved To Europe. Is There Anything I Can Do To Get My Order Enforced?