Who Can Help Me If The Obligor Is Not Sending In The Child Support Payments?

If you do not have a case open with a Regional Child Support Enforcement Unit (RCSEU), the Clerk of Court may be able to issue an Income Withholding Order to the obligor`s employer so that the child support amount is deducted from the obligor`s paycheck. The clerk can also schedule a hearing at which the obligor must show why the payments have not been made. If you have applied for services, the RCSEU can take these actions and may also be able to take other enforcement action to help you get your child support. If you do not have a case open with a RCSEU, you may want to contact them to see what services they can provide to you.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More