I am having trouble getting child support - how can I apply for help?

If you are having trouble getting support from the absent parent of your child, the first step to getting help is to apply for services at your local CSE office. In North Carolina, each county has a local CSE office, many of which are located in county DSS offices. For more details on how you can receive child support assistance, please visit the Child Support Enforcement page or contact your county DSS office.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources