How Is Support Enforced?
It varies in each state. Payment of support has become an increasing problem, so there have been many recent steps taken to enforce the payment. Wage assignment programs have been established, which immediately deducts any support payment from the supporter`s paycheck, before he or she receives it. Friend of the Court is a division of the county courthouse that receives the payment and then distributes it to the custodial parent.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Child Support Articles
- How Is Child Support Determined In The State Of Nevada?
- Does Child Support Exist Without Divorce?
- If A Parent Remarries, How Is The New Spouse's Income Viewed For Child Support?
- What Are The Primary Parts Of A Support Order?
- Should Support Payment Stop If Visitation Is Being Prevented?
- Is Child Support Tax Deductible?
- Is Medical Insurance A Part Of Child Support?
- Can Child Support Be Modified In Nevada?
- What If The Percentage Of Annual Income Is Not Sufficient?
- If The Paying Spouse Files For Bankruptcy Is He Or She Obligated To Make Support Payments?
- Is College Tuition A Part Of Child Support In Nevada?