What other ways can be used to pay support?
A noncustodial parent who does not pay child support through income withholding may set up automatic recurring withdrawal with a bank. Once the withdrawal is set up, the bank automatically withdraws the child support payments from the noncustodial parent`s checking account. Then the bank electronically sends the payment to the Child Support Payment Center.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Child Support Articles
- What Happens When A Parent Doesn't Pay Child Support?
- How Are Most Support Payments Made?
- Where Are Support Payments Sent?
- How Quickly Does The Payment Center Process Support Payments?
- How Does The Payment Center Send Out The Support?
- If I apply for child support services, do I have any rights?
- Can A Support Order Be Changed?