How Does The Payment Center Send Out The Support?
When the payment center sends money to a person or agency, it issues a state of Minnesota warrant (check) or transfers the money by electronic funds transfer. Custodial parents may choose to have support directly deposited into their banking accounts. The bank credits their accounts within two business days from the date of the transfer.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Child Support Articles
- What Happens When A Parent Doesn't Pay Child Support?
- How Are Most Support Payments Made?
- What other ways can be used to pay support?
- Where Are Support Payments Sent?
- How Quickly Does The Payment Center Process Support Payments?
- If I apply for child support services, do I have any rights?
- Can A Support Order Be Changed?