How Do I Apply For Child Support Service?
If you receive Temporary Cash Assistance or Medical Assistance, child support services will be provided free of charge. If not, you will need to complete an application for child support services with your local child support enforcement office and pay a onetime fee of $25 when you file your application. To have an application mailed to you or for further information, please contact the local child support enforcement office in your area.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Child Support Articles
- How Can My Local Office Of Child Support Search For The Other Parent?
- How Can I Obtain A Court Order For Child Support And Health Insurance Coverage?
- What Do I Do If I Feel That The Court-Ordered Amount Of Child Support Is Too Low?
- Do I Send All Child Support Payments, Regardless Of The County That Issued The Wage Withholding Order, To The New Central Collection?
- I Currently Send The Child Support Payment Directly To The Custodial Parent. Should I Now Start Sending These Payments To The New Central Collection?
- I Send The Child Support Payments To Another State. Should I Now Send The Payments To The New Central Collections Address?
- Do I Now Make The Checks Payable To Maryland Child Support Account?
- I Know The Address Of My Children's Father In Another State, And My Caseworker Sent A Petition To Establish My Order There. What Happens?
- I Need To Establish Paternity For My Child, And The Father Lives In Another Part Of The Country. How Does This Work?
- My Caseworker Filed A Uifsa Petition For Paternity. The Father Denied It, And The Other Court Just Dismissed The Case. What Happened?
- As Soon As The Father Of My Children Is Notified About Enforcement, He Moves. How Will I Ever Be Able To Collect My Support?
- Will Location And Enforcement Services Cost More If My Agency Is Dealing With Another State?
- I Don't Have A Support Order. Can I Establish One By Petitioning The Court Where My Ex-Husband Lives?
- The Father Of My Child Has Left The United States. How Can I Get My Court Order For Child Support Enforced?
- I Checked With The Child Support Enforcement Office, But My Daughter's Father Lives In A Country That Has No Agreement. What Happens?