I'm Marrying A Man Who Has Children From A Previous Marriage. He Regularly Pays His Child Support. Since I Earn More Than My Fiance, Am I Held Responsible?
Speak to an Experienced Child Support Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified child support lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local child support attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Child Support Articles
- Child Support Law
- Calculating Child Support
- Enforcing a Child Support Order
- Enforcing a Child Support Order Out of State
- How to Modify a Child Support Order
- Intercepting Tax Refunds When a Parent Fails to Pay Child Support
- Can Child Support Payments be Automatically deducted from a Parent's Paycheck?
- Do I Have to Pay Child Support if I Don't Get to See My Children?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Establish or Enforce a Child Support Order?
- Child Support FAQ
- What Is Child Support?
- What Is Child Support Used For?
- When Can A Child Support Order Be Changed Or Modified?
- How Long Must Child Support Be Paid?
- What Other Items Do Formulas Consider?
- My Husband And I Have Decided To Use Artificial Insemination To Have A Child. Will The Donor Be Obligated To Support The Child?
- Can The Parent Limit The Amount Of Future Child Support That Is To Be Paid To The Other (Custodial) Parent?
- Can One Parent Be Ordered To Pay Child Support Even If She Never Married The Other (Custodial) Parent?
- If The Obligor Parent Doesn't Pay, Can Visitation Be Stopped?
- My Wife Has Threatened To File For Bankruptcy. What Effect Does Bankruptcy Have On Child Support?
- My Income Dropped Dramatically When I Was Laid Of My Job And Cannot Make My Child Support Payments. Is There Anyway I Can Lower My Child Support Payments?
- What Efforts Can Be Taken To Collect Child Support From The Parent Who Does Not Pay?
- What If The Obligee Does Not Spend Any Money On The Child?
- What Is The Parent Locater Service?
- What Other Collection Remedies Are Available?
- What Effect Does Bankruptcy Have On Child Support?
- What Is Child Support, And How Is Child Support Determined?
- What Factors Are Used To Calculate Child Support Payments? Can The Amount Of The Payment Change Over Time?
- Is A Father Who Never Married The Mother Still Required To Pay Child Support? What If The Father Is Not Allowed To See The Child?
- What Happens To A Father Who Refuses To Pay Court Ordered Child Support?
- Does Every State Follow The Same Formula In Calculating Child Support?
- Can A Child Support Order Be Changed Or Modified?
- My Ex Is Not Making Child Support Payments – What Can I Do?
- How Is Child Support Ordered And What Exactly Is It?
- When May Maintenance And Support Be Awarded By A Court?
- Can the amount of support payments be changed?