What To do When An Action For Child Support Is Served Upon You

When the FSD or local child support agency brings a legal action against the non­custodial parent for child support, he/she may discuss the matter with a FSD or local child support agency representative by calling or visiting the FSD or local child support agency. A telephone number and address will be provided with the papers that are served on the non­custodial parent.

Remember that the District Attorney does not represent the non­custodial parent, custodial party, the child(ren) in the case, or any other individual. The District Attorney represents the public interest in all cases.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More