The Fsd Or Local Child Support Agency Does Not:

  • Handle custody or visitation matters.
  • Handle divorces.
  • Obtain or enforce restraining orders (The agencies that provide these services vary from county to county. Consult your telephone directory under the county government listing for more information).
  • Establish spousal support orders (unless it is a UIFSA case).

Any parent or guardian can apply for child support services by visiting or calling the local FSD or local child support agency listed in the county government section at the front of most local telephone directories under District Attorney. The Welfare Department will automatically refer parents who receive public assistance to the District Attorney. There is no application fee or charge for child support services in California. However, some states do charge for services.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More