I Am Sure The Other Parent Is Willing To Pay Support. Can We Make An Agreement Between Ourselves And Present It To The Court?

If you do not receive CalWORKS, you and the other parent may work together with the FSD or local child support agency, a lawyer or on your own to work out an agreement. If the child(ren) receives CalWORKS or foster­care payments, the FSD or local child support agency will participate in and sign any agreement and will not agree to a support order for less than the amount of support determined under the statewide guidelines.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources

Lead Counsel Rated Law Firm

Click Here to Learn More