What Kind Of Records Does the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OSCE) Keep And Why?

After your case is open, the noncustodial parent must send all child support payments to the Arkansas Child Support Clearinghouse. Payments will be recorded and forward to you, if you are not receiving TEA from the State. If you are receiving TEA, excess collections are kept by the state if money is owed the state for any past TEA you received. If no money is owed to the state, you will receive the money for arrears that are owed to you. We are very careful to receipt child support payments carefully. However, mistakes do occur. If we mail a child support payment to you in error, you must return the payment to OCSE.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources