I Am Applying For Assistance Under TEA. Do I Have To Seek Child Support From The Children's Father?

As a condition of eligibility for TEA, you are required to help OCSE with our efforts to identify and collect child support payments from the noncustodial parent. If the state is able to collect support on behalf of your children, the child support payments will go toward reimbursing the state and federal governments for assistance payments made to your family.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources