How Long Will It Take To Receive Support Payments?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Child Support Articles
- Who Can Get Help From The Office Of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE)?
- How Much Child Support Will Be Ordered?
- I Am Applying For Assistance Under TEA. Do I Have To Seek Child Support From The Children's Father?
- Can Past-Due Child Support Be Taken From The State Income Tax Refund?
- The Noncustodial Parent Works Sporadically And Is Paid In Cash. Wage Withholding Won't Work For Me. What Will Happen?
- Does the Office for Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) Charge An Application Fee For Its Services?
- Will the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) Keep Track Of My Child Support Payments To Make Sure They Keep Coming?
- My Children's Noncustodial Parent Is In The Military, But I Don't Know Where He Is Stationed. Can OCSE Find Him?
- What Can I Do To Get My Support Increased If I Think It Is Too Low?
- I Cannot Get Health Insurance With My Job, But My Ex-Husband Has Good Benefits Where He Works. Can He Be Required To Carry The Children?
- The Noncustodial Parent Refuses To Pay Child Support, But Owns A Good Deal Of Property In The State. Can A Lien Be Issued?
- My Child's Noncustodial Parent Works For A Big Company And Has Moved Several Times In Her Job. Can Automatic Withholding Work?
- My Children's Father Is Retired From The Service. Can His Military Retirement Check Be Garnished For Back Child Support?
- What Kind Of Records Does the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OSCE) Keep And Why?