If There Is No Support Order, Can An Order Be Established In The State Where The Noncustodial Parent Lives?

Yes, the case would be referred to the other state if Alaska cannot establish the order. A petition would be sent to the other state`s child support enforcement agency or the court. The other state would review the information­together with information about the noncustodial parent`s ability to pay­and set the amount of monthly support payments.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources