Can The Child Support Enforcement Division Help To Collect Child Support Owed To A Parent Before The Agency Opened Its Case?

Yes, if there was an order for support. The agency would have to verify the amount and might have to present the case to a court of competent jurisdiction before taking collection actions.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Child Support Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Support Resources