What is a service contract?
Service contracts that you may buy with a new car provide for the repair of certain parts or problems. These contracts are offered by manufacturers, dealers, or independent companies and may or may not provide coverage beyond the manufacturer`s warranty. Remember that a warranty is included in the price of the car while a service contract costs extra. Before deciding to purchase a service contract, read it carefully and consider these questions:
- What`s the difference between the coverage under the warranty and the coverage under the service contract?
- What repairs are covered?
- Is routine maintenance covered?
- Who pays for the labor and / or parts?
- Who performs the repairs? Can repairs be made elsewhere?
- How long does the service contract last?
- What are the cancellation and refund policies?
Speak to an Experienced Business Contract Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified business contract lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local business contract attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.