How will an attorney help me with my Chapter 12 Bankruptcy?
Hiring a bankruptcy attorney has many benefits, among which include:
- Preparation of the voluntary petition, along with the schedules, and supporting documentation which is required by the court.
- Preparation of your Chapter 12 bankruptcy plan.
- Represent you at your 341 Meeting of Creditors.
- Help you to retain your assets.
Filing a Chapter 12 bankruptcy petition can benefit both debtors and creditors. When you hire a skilled bankruptcy attorney to handle your case, you have a better opportunity to possibly negotiate the terms of the repayment plan with your creditors. For example, many creditors will want adequate protection on their secured property prior to the plan being confirmed by the court. However, an attorney may be able to negotiate a reasonable amount of the payments for you to make into the plan.
Additional Chapter 12 Farmers Bankruptcy Articles
- How Can A Chapter 12 Bankruptcy Attorney Help Me To Keep My Farm?
- Do I need an attorney to file a Chapter 12 Bankruptcy?
- I have failed to make my Chapter 12 plan payments, do I need an Attorney?
- My company is a Corporation should I hire an attorney to help me obtain Chapter 12 Relief?